Job Title: Senior HR Advisor (Transactions and Payroll)
Salary Range: £32,752 – £36,862 per annum
Hours per week: 37
Contract type: Permanent
People in HR is delighted to be working with a progressive public sector organisation in sourcing a Senior HR Advisor that is creating a successful growing shared service centre, delivering services to Public Bodies and partner organisations using cutting edge digital technology.
As a Senior HR Advisor you will take responsibility for managing the operational activities of the transactional HR and pay functions, ensuring the team provides an effective and efficient service and that processes are compliant with legislation, corporate policies and data standards. With, or working towards an appropriate professional qualification, you will have excellent knowledge of the HR and payroll functions and proven people management skills. They are looking for an innovator with ideas for continuously improving and implementing changes.
They are based in an award winning modern city-centre building with access to excellent facilities and close to local transport links. You will also benefit from a healthy employment package including a competitive annual leave entitlement, local government pension and employee loans for travel costs, amongst many other benefits.
To manage the operational aspects and activities of the transactional HR and pay administration functions delivered to customers within by the IBC. Provide effective and efficient service including reviewing services to ensure improvement and effectiveness to meet current and future customer business needs.
- Accountable for operational aspects of transactional HR and pay admin process functions for customers within the IBC.
- Manage and direct the activities of transactional HR and pay team.
- Manage and monitor performance of the service, teams and team leads.
- Develop, implement and manage improvement initiatives and activities, driving process standardisation, simplification and continuous improvement.
- Understand corporate, IBC and HR strategies and priorities to be able to develop and co-ordinate activities.
- Ensure operational activities, systems and processes are compliant with legislation, corporate policies and data standards.
- Ensure staff are equipped with the skills and knowledge to deliver services effectively and efficiently and comply with standards and governance requirements. Contribute to training programmes and identify training needs to support changes to technology and process.
- Support the Transactional HR and Pay Manager to develop commercial arrangements for services.
- Working with IT to scope and plan technology requirements associated with any process improvement initiatives.
- Work closely with Audit and Compliance to understand current and emerging risk management demands.
- Appropriate professional qualification essential or working towards securing an appropriate professional qualification within a prescribed time period.
- Evidence of effective people management skills preferably in a transactional and/or customer focussed service.
- Excellent knowledge of transactional HR and Pay functions.
- Proven ability to think and operate independently and take responsibility for decisions and actions.
- High level IT skills.
- Analytical skills, able to interpret, present and explain management information, identifying trends and impacts with ability to innovative, continuously improve and implement change.
- Proven organisational and coordinating skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Organisational sensitivity and awareness.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and ability to foster a culture and environment to drive this across the service.
- Strong governance and demonstration of accountability.
- Commercial awareness.
- Display screen equipment (DSE) user
This post is subject to Non Police Personnel Vetting. Further information about this process will be provided to successful candidates
For further information on this role please contact Jonathan Margrave on 0203 826 7836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.