Regional HR Advisor
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Hours:Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm
Salary: Competitive salary + up to 6% annual bonus + company car + pension + 25 days annual leave.
Our Client is the world’s largest building materials producer with 204 plants in 30 countries. They are currently recruiting for a Regional HR Advisor to provide operational HR Support to the Midlands and South of England.
To provide generalist advice and guidance in line with employment law and business policy, to develop a partnership approach with managers to ensure operational objectives are met through employee development, performance management, robust recruitment and continuous improvement and that closely supports the overall aim of the HR Agenda.
To develop employee job skills for efficiency and productivity, as well as identifying and developing key employees for advancement and succession planning.
Analyse statistical and data trends for the business.
Be a champion for change and help drive the business through any periods of change.
Overcome challenges to promote the HR agenda throughout the business.
- Responsible for all ER issues within the region, escalating for support and guidance as required.
- To assist the Site Management Teams in advising managers on implementing changes to organisational structures.
- Work with senior managers to lead and influence change at a strategic level.
- Proactively help to manage & reduce absence in line with Company Policy.
- To analyse and interpret management information to support managers in performance management, sickness absence, retention etc.
- Work closely with Resourcing and line managers to ensure that the company recruitment policy is being adhered to always, attend any appropriate interviews.
- Monitor retention statistics and provide proposals to reduce turnover where appropriate.
- Prepare & deliver new starter inductions.
- To pragmatically assess options and advise and support managers in the preparation of case information for presentation at disciplinary, grievance, capability and attendance hearings and appeals.
- To develop and promote good relationships and partnership working with local and full trade union officers / representatives.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Must have experience managing HR related issues across multiple sites in multiple locations.
- Must have experience in HR within manufacturing or a similar industry.
- Good working knowledge of employment law
- Effective prioritisation & time management
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Confident & skilled communicator (verbal & written)
- Must be willing to travel to different sites around the Midlands and the South of England
To find out more information please contact Jonathan Margrave on 0203 826 7836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.